Friday, March 15, 2013

Beef Stew

Spring is only five days away, but in West Texas that doesn't really mean anything.

We're almost guaranteed another freeze before summer, just look at the mesquites.

Being the kind and awesome friend that I am, I wanted to make sure y'all had a good new recipe to get through those cold days in the next month or two.

J took this photo.
So here's a simple beef stew recipe to keep you warm.

1 lb beef for stew (ground beef works too)
4-5 red potatoes
2-3 carrots
1 can of corn
1 can rotel
3-4 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 chopped onion (I use onion powder)
 Salt and Pepper to taste

Optional ingredient ideas:
Can of mixed veggies, celery, ketchup, bell pepper, crushed red pepper, anything else you love. (Except chocolate I think that would be weird. Use discretion.)

I filled my pot about half full of water and put the thawed meat in. I turned it on medium high so it would start boiling, while I chopped my potatoes and sliced my carrots. As I got those peeled, washed and chopped I threw them in there too.

Next I poured in my corn, Rotel, Worcestershire, and seasonings until it looked right. When it looked like my meat had cooked through I taste-tested and adjusted the flavors as needed.

I left that on a low boil for an hour. You can leave it on as long as you like, just add water if it gets low.

The result was a hit!
He would be smiling, but his mouth is full. ;)
"That's enough pictures. I'm tryin' to eat!"
teehee..

No comments:

Post a Comment