Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nerd Poetry: Pride and Prejudice, a Poem

Tonight J and I were writing music and, lately, we've been reading Pride and Prejudice. I got one serious song out and then this: 

(It's 1am and I've been reading about architecture in Southern California all evening, so don't judge me. Don't you dare judge me!)

You can't laugh at Mr. Darcy.
No, I daresay not.
You can't laugh at Mr. Darcy,
even if he act a sot. 

Jane Austin says you shan't, 
and so you never shall.
But Mr. Collins puts on airs
and says sorry while he bows. 

Though you dearly love to laugh, 
(a family trait I'd say)
you can't forget your manners
or let talking rule the day.

Talking is not dancing.
And dancing is the best
to encourage great affection
and not make yourself a pest.

Though Mrs. Bennet's nerves may scold you
and Mr. Wickham use you sore, 
you'll end up with Mr. Darcy. 
Let us hope he does not snore!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment