Tuesday, December 4, 2012

10 Things I've Learned Lately

Whoa have I been busy lately! and not with anything of general interest either.

This is going to be a really boring post, but I'd like to share with you 10(ish) things I've learned or reaffirmed since we last spoke:

1. Buying a new car is a difficult and frustrating task. This is what has been taking a lot of my time, but finally it's done and J and I are happy with our purchase.

2. Father-in-laws can be very helpful. Shout out to J's step dad who really helped us understand the whole car buying process!

3. Fathers are also very helpful. Shout out to my dad for good advice and support!

4. My husband is a darling. (Already knew that one.)

5. My mom booked a photographer for family pics over Christmas break. She wants our outfits to coordinate. Ideas?

6. I am not going to kill myself to finish my thesis graduate on time. I'm going to relax and do a great job on it whenever I get done, I get done. This is a big deal for me because:

7. I am a control freak. Which means I have trouble coping when things don't go as I had planned. Usually I consider myself pretty adaptable. But when my performance or time allowance is the variable, I have very high standards and struggle when I can't meet them. So I'm working on not being too disappointed in myself.

8. See number 4.

9. I have a pretty full day ahead of me so I think I'll get to it. I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!

10. See number 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment